Boot configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

Hi
I have an Intel motherboard D865GBF and in the bios under Boot Configuration is says Plug & Play O/S Yes
Then is says this lets the Operating System control the boot up. My computer boots from the hdd first (C) I want to boot first from the CDrom first just in case my computer goes down and I need Cdrom access for my XP cd. Or does this not matter? Another thing is I have a bootable Linux CD and I can't use it because I can't set my D: (cdrom) to be first. How can I control the boot setup?

Go into your bios. Set the Plug & Play O/S to no. You should then be able to set your boot priority.

Save and exit bios.

Regards Howard :)

Another Question Boot Configuration

Ok I changed the Plug and Play to No in Advanced in the Bios and then went into the Boot Menu on the main screen and then finally figured out how to change the order of the Boot Priority List. Now it is set up the way I want it.

New question .....
What happens now if I leave the Boot Priority List the way it is now and go back into Plug and Play O/S and change it back to Yes from No. Will it still keep my new list I have or does it change it back to the original way it was?

why do mobos have such long names like Intel motherboard D865GBF...couldnt they name it like intel mobo d-98...lol

I have absolutely no idea, why mobo`s have the names they do. It`s not something I`ve ever thought about. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should contact a few mobo vendors and ask them what their naming/numbering policy is. :p

Regards Howard :)

In this case, the 865G refers to the Intel 865G chipset the mainboard uses.

The D, and the BF I have no idea. It's not something most of us worry about all that much, but be assured that every letter and number in the name of a mainboard tends to mean something. :)

Hi Howard
As for the try the Plug and Play back to Yes.....I'll leave it this way until I get another computer first unless I find there is a need to do it. I also believe in: "If it's not broke...don't fix it"
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back