Boot Drive Error and ALOT of other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, ok, I've been looking around in these forums for hours and I cant seem to find something to help my situation so I started a thread, hopefully it wasnt already answered. Here it goes, my computer recently crashed, dont know why it just shut off for no reason. When I tried restarting it at first it said I was missing the hal.dll, then I restarted it again and all i get is the "Primary Drive Failed". I've tried windows repair, but it wont recognize the hard drive, and I tried changing my boot sequence, I also tried floppy boot disks with diagnostic tools but it still wont recognize that I have a hard drive attached. As of now im using an old hard drive and it is working fine, although its win98 and very small :p So I cant figure the problem out because it runs one hard drive well but not another. I cant even reinstall winxp on the screwed hard drive because it wont read it. Please Help.

Specs:
P3 866mhz
AOpen board
15.3GB/200GB (master/slave)
400W power supply
GeForce 5500 PCI

The answer is simple, your hard drive is dead. your going to have to buy a new one.

i was just thinking, could it be my bios? I have no clue how this could affect it, im not to good with that stuff, but ive been asking around and that was something that was coming up. if not than im screwed, but o well atleast my whole computer didnt blow up... yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back