Boot error

Status
Not open for further replies.

malakaayo

i got rid of my "ntvdm error" last year by replacing my faulty cdrom drive with a brand new dvdrom drive, clean installing winxp sp2...and had no problem until a month ago when my computer could not boot...
3 long beeps heard at boot time, monitor is blank...
i had replaced my 256mb ram (2 yr old) with a 128mb ram (3 yr old) bu the beeping remained...
i pulled oout my 128 mb inno3d mx440 video card bu the problem remains...

p4vmm2, 1.7ghz celeron, 256mb ram, 128mb inno3d mx440 video card, 40gb seagate, winxp sp2, avg 7.5 antivirus

thanks for any help...

The three long beeps means to stop swapping parts out with older ones, J/K

Seriously. Find your motherbaord model and manual and it will tell you what the beeps mean. Does your system boot at all, power or boot error messages?

smore9648 said:
The three long beeps means to stop swapping parts out with older ones, J/K

Seriously. Find your motherbaord model and manual and it will tell you what the beeps mean. Does your system boot at all, power or boot error messages?

yeah, master...

seriously, i already read my manual but "did not understand it"...
i tried removing all memory modules from the sockets but the 3 long beeps persist...nor the removal of the video card solve the problem...

an answer from another forum told me the possibility of dirty memory modules and/or dirty memory sockets, and suggested to first clean the memory module and place it firmly on the different sockets one at a time...i "cleaned" the 3yr old 128mb and the 2yr old 256mb memory module but the beeping remained...

3 long beeps at bootime, with or without memory modules
3 long beeps at boot time, with or without video card
the monitor is blank
(unable to load winxp, therefore no blue screen windows stop error messages)

for obvious reasons, there is power because of the beeps...and i have a spare 300watt power supply which i also used to no avail...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back