Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM: Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i am new to the forum world so please forgive me if i have posted in the wrong area.
i inherited a computer that i am trying to get up and running but, i keep getting the msg in the title (for this thread) whenever i try to get in. What i was told about the computer is that they believe it ran on WinME.

i have disconnected the other drives to make sure that it was booting from the hard drive. it was so this was not the issue. i have also tried using several different boot disks. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
tailhawk

thanks for your help but, i could not find the faq page that you sent to me.

while i got to Cyberwalker i could not get the specific page that you are referring to. i got a not found web page. But i really do appreciate your help with this.
thanks
tailhawk

thanks for the lead.

When I got this computer it had sat for about 2 years. The battery had died and I was getting a CMOS error. The article that I read on the BIOS mentioned that my boot info is stored on a chip. Is it possible that this information was lost when the battery died. If so how do I resolve this issue and restore this information without being able to get past the message that i keep getting when I turn my computer on?

If you replace the battery,the BIOS should be just fine(it`s hardwired).It will be set to the default settings,so you might still have to change the boot order(depending on what you want to do).You can still change the boot order with a dead battery,but you`ll have to do it every boot,because it won`t "remember"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back