Boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it all started last Thursday...

I turned my computer on when i got in that day.
and as always i heard the fans go at full so i though its going to boot so i went to get a drink, i returned and found that it was still spinning the fans at full with no reaction from my monitor...

so i took a piece of hardware out one bit at a time to find that it was my CPU (AMD Athlon 64 3700+). so i sent it back to find they had none in stock so then i purchased a different CPU (AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+). i got this about 30 mins ago. i covered it in paste and stuck it into my motherboard to find its just done the same.

Can anyone plz help me?
i can only say that itts the cpu because all the lights on my motherboard are working and all the fans are spinning so its in control of everything...

My Current setup is.
-DFI Lanparty RDX200-CF
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2mb
-ATI Radeon X850XT
-1GB DDR3200 Elixor
-2x 200GB Barracudas + 1x Maxtor 160gb Diamond... something or other
-MSI Wireless card

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What led you to believe your cpu was the problem?

It sounds to me more like a psu or mobo problem, than a cpu problem. Have you tried another psu?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

theres 4 LEDs that are diagnostic LEDs if you didn't know.

right i was browsing through the fourms on thursday and i came across one that told me what the LEDs actually do because the manual dosnt exacly tell you :/ just tells you theres 4

Impaqt @ diy-street.com

All Four Lights. -System Startup
Light 1 goes out when CPU is detected
Light 2 Memory
Light 3 VGA\Light 4 POST Passed, Startup

and ofc light 1 dosn't go out.
So i guessed it was the CPU, and when i send it off i got an email saying it was faulty

Thanks

Well i've ordered another mobo to find out which is faulty cause i dont want to waste time with sending on back to find out its the other so am going to find out this way :>

thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back