Boot Problems, after BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiCubs05

i have a very high end system, just owned for about 6 months i will detail the specs here

AMD 3800+ X2
Asrock Motherboard
2GB G Skill RAM
250GB WD HDD
GeFore 7600GT Graphics
Aspire 420W Power Supply
3 Fans

i was listening to some music on Itunes, browsing the Google Earth website, and my music stopped, and Itunes closed down. i then tried to open it back up,m and by computer displayed a BSOD displaying

"\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\faultrep.dll is not a valid win image, please check against insallation diskette"

now when i try and start up windows something constantly clicks and tells me to insert boot media into the proper drive, i have my HDD as my primary boot source, then my CD drive.

please help me, i checked and everything is secure and tight, i just dont know what the problem is. i run Registry Mechanic reguarly, Ad Aware Pro, i use Diskkeeper reguarly so i think my system is in good shape, i just dont know what is going on!

It sounds to me like your hard drive may have failed, hence the clicking.

Download and run your hard drive manufacturers utility and test the drive.

Alternatively, take a look at this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :)

so the hard drive is dead...i purchased it less then 6 months ago, did nothing but everyday multimedia, word processing, and a little gaming. what can i do to get a replacement, the western digital site is almost imposible to find what you want, and they plan on charging me for calling them

Have you checked the hard drive using a diagnostic utility?

The WD website is HERE. You should be able to find what you want under the support options.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back