Boot Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well my old computer has never been perfect, i could never get the dvd driver to work but other then that it ran.. well just before i tried adding a 125mg stick of ram from another old computer i found.. i added it correctly but when i went to turn the computer on it sits therre with a black screen just continuelsy beeps..

I pulled out the stick of ram and all the other chips, replaced them all to how they were before i screwed everything up. It still beeps and the CD-drive makes a really weird noise every like 3 secounds...

Please Help >< thank you

*Update* ok well i just did a quick check.. i unplugged the hardrive, CD-ROM, Floppy, and DVD and it starts up and just as the beeps comes it keeps beeping.. does this mean it could be Graphics, Network or any other chips?

it sounds like you unplugged somthing useful and didn't plugit in the right way. if you messed with the ram is it seated all the way [did the to outsitde white tabs click into place? as for the graphics card or network card no unless its not plugged in all the way, let me get this right it just beeps??try takeing your system to the absolute basics. mobo psu cpu ram graphics card. see if you even get a post screen. or any thing on the screen for that matter do you also have onboard graphis ??

ok basicly i unplugged EVERYTHING. put everything back to its orignal state, and turned it on. it worked fine, but if i wanted to add the other stick of ram will i have to simply add it now or unplug everything?

just turn off the computer put in in and make shure its in all the way and you should be set there are a few things you might browse through in your bios. [just look unless you find anything that needs to be cahnged]

I agree with Tedster that old stick of ram is the cause of your problems, it is either bad or not compaitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back