Boot sector virus on a SATA drive, unable to use recovery console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airwalker700

I hve a 200gig maxtor SATA hdd, which I was running as my master, and I believe that I have a boot sector virus. I am unable to boot into windows, or safe mode for that matter. Upon trying to use the recovery console, the computer restarts to "avoid damage" upon trying to access the drive.

I have a lot of data that I was hoping to save. I have had this exact same problem before, perhaps 6 months ago, I brought it to a computer repair, and they successfully saved my data, and were able to reformat the drive for me. My main question is, how can I access the drive to save my data? Even when I try to boot windows from a different drive, it will not boot if the infected SATA drive is connected. My motherboard brags that it supports "PC Cillin Anti-virus", which led me to believe that I could disable that in my bios, however, I could not find anything in the bios that would allow me to do so. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Airwalker700 said:
My motherboard brags that it supports "PC Cillin Anti-virus", which led me to believe that I could disable that in my bios, however, I could not find anything in the bios that would allow me to do so. Can anyone help me? Thank you.
The AV is just another program which runs in Windows. Has nothing to do with your MB or the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back