Boot sequence wont change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, trying to change order of bot sequence so that i can boot from cd. I am a semi novice and i am able to go into the cmos setup page and navigate to the boot setup using arrow keys fine. Problem is when i try to change order using pageup/down keys or +/- keys nothing happens. I have done a bit of reading and i have found suggestions like remove CMOS battery and that it might have a administrator password set but i anot sure if these apply to me or not. Never when i am trying to change it does it ask for a password.

If anyone could point me in the right direction i would be very grateful.

thanks

what type of motherboard are you using, with my motherboard, when i change my boot sequence i go to the boot options in the BIOS, select the boot sequence, press enter to open it and than i have a choice to choose between having my HDD, Floppy (tho i dont have one), CD-ROM, and Disable. Once the I have opened the options, i press up or down to select between the choices than press enter, than press F10 to save and quit. But each motherboard is different, so unless you to me what type of motherboard you got, this information may not help you

use the up and down keys just like u have been doing before also the Esc key if not in the right pace, and the ENTER key to make changes the BIOS, it is basically dos format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back