Boot up problems.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCool

I have a computer that I built myself, it has a 3.0ghz P4, Asus p5gd2-x mobo, 120 gb ide hdd, ati radeon x1300. I'm not sure where I should be posting this cuz I have no clue what this problem is all about. But, here's the deal, it seems that I can no longer boot from cd's. I'm having absolutely no problems with Win XP on my computer, and no other problems at all, everything seems fine. However, I wanted to run memtest-86 just to make sure my memory is ok because I'm in my computer maintenance mode at the current time. I downloaded the iso for it, burned it to a cd, but when I try to boot from the cd I just get a message saying to insert correct boot media into selected drive. I know the cd was burned right too because I'm currently using it in another computer. I also couldn't get a hdd test boot disk to work, or even the WinXP disk. I'm not sure if this is a bios problem or what, so I just posted it here. I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Thanks much,

Tim

Ya, I set cdrom as first boot, that didn't work. I also used the boot menu by pressing f8 and chose the cdrom and that didn't work either. I tried it in both my cdrom drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back