Boot up /shut down problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this one has me baffled no mistake. first off the boot up. i recently blew up my mobo and cpu so got a new board ( fujitsu ) and a P4 3.0ghz hperthreading 1 meg cahce cpu. everything is wired up correct on the board ( the power button, hd leds power leds etc) so its not that. anyway i cant turn the pc on via the on/off button and can only turn it on by either unplugging the psu power cable and plugging it back in or by way of the power switch on psu on back of pc. this results it the pc automatically booting without even touhinge th front power on/off button.

secondly when i try to shut down if i do a shut down within windows the pc seems to take an age then when it does shut down it automatically boots straight back up again. ive checked all the windows power management settings and BIOS settings and made sure that auto restart is disabled etc, so i know its not that, yet i can power off the pc with the on/off start button on the front. im guessing its a psu problem as i can think of no other reason why its doing this but i really dont want to go out and get a new psu until all avenues are explored and i dont have access to another psu to test.. help!

you need to check the leads from the Front panel to the mobo, it sounds like they are not connected properly

iss said:
you need to check the leads from the Front panel to the mobo, it sounds like they are not connected properly

that was one of the first things double and triple checked both with the connectors on the motherbaod and also checked on the fron of case to make sure no wires were broken and all is fine and correct there :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back