Bootup graphics and logon graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppetgrimm1

hello all,

I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me if there is a file in win XP that I could alter to enable me to change the boot screen you know the one that says "Sony" or what ever brand you are using? If so what format is it in for example in win95 you could change logo1.sys with a with a renamed bmp file to change the graphic. Also I was wondering how to do it with the logon screen. Oh and by the way I know of several programs to do this but I want to do it manually.

P.S. Maybe its a registry change that would do the trick.

Late Puppetgrimm1

This guy got similar question
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic42659.html

unfortunatly winxp has a different settup to the easy 95/98 where you change things here/there and presto... its all in a file but i cant remember where.. as far as a regedit not sure that it would do anything (been fishing around in there.. cant seem to find anything related to it)
there are also programs available that will do it for you eg: Themexp but since i havnt used that for a while not sure if it is still freeware..
google something like (without quotes) "windows xp tweak desktop logon screen startup" or something

Cheers
N3051M

You can download certain programs like StyleXP or Screen Booty which change things like your bootup screen and your general Windows XP look.

I don't feel like messing with those though as I don't realy wanna do a fresh install anytime soon in case I mess something up.

StyleXP.. thats the one!.. used it before. would recomended it if it wasnt for the 30 day trial or somesorts. havent used it since i left school. and so far, the pcs at school had no troubles with it ;) (never used it at home) but i dont know about the newer versions of the program

can get it from themexp.org (i think) or google it...

Thanks for all your replys!

Anyway I have found exactly what I was looking for its a bit complicated but nothing I cant Handle. If you would like to check it out here is the web site I found th information on here or you could do a search for "change logon screen for windows XP" and that should bring it up under AOL search.

Late
Puppetgrimm1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back