Bootup, Restarts, BSOD, Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokaboy

Everytime i start up my laptop it will greet me with the advanced bootup screen asking me to choose 'safe mode' 'last good configuration' 'start up normally' etc. If i choose safe mode the computer will start to load but then after about 5mins crash and restart without even gettin into any GUI. If i choose last known good configuration it will load Windows but again for about 5mins the restart. The same with starting normally. I did once get into windows but it was EXTREMELY slow and unresponsive and i was given a BSOD stating a physical memory dump soon after clicking on Start.

I had an error the day before and everytime i restarted it came with the same error. The only thing i remembered about it was BCCODE:77 and it came up with critical error.

I have very important work files on this laptop and need some help retrieving it. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance
Moka.

(Sorry about reposting but i realised soon after i posted in wrong section)

Hi

Oh dear, as you said you once got onto windows but it took an age, it sounds like the Hard drive is going faulty.

As you cant get into windows at all, then your only option is to slave the drive to another install and copy the files you need over, if however you dont have another machine then your stuffed... but we all have mates (except me thats why I'm always here) but then I have 6 pc's so thats Ok.

I suggest booting from the XP CD and choose to repair using the repair console, this is very similar to a DOS box, run a chkdsk /f on the drive, if it finds problems it may fix them, enough for you to boot and copy the files to a CDRW.

Post back and let us know, I hate not knowing how people do...

Regards
PS dont worry about the double post it will get sorted out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back