Broken Partition Table?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Recently slapped a 80gb hdd back in my server thats been lyin around my room for ages, when it booted up the drive wasnt working properly windows reported it as RAW and there wasnt much I could do but format and restart. Theres 74Gb of games on there so that aint really an option.

Ive had a look on the net and came across www.diydatarecovery.nl their site says the boot sector is screwed up.

PM comes up as a "???" filesystem and then says: http://www.powerquest.com/support/primus/id957.cfm

Ive tried copyin the partiton data to another drive exactly the same but it errors as above, tried ghost and PM.

:(

Anybody know of a free package to fix this ? Diskpatch is $40 :blackeye:

Yeah, that's a corrupt partition table all right. If you are not able to access the data at all, it is very possible your MBR is corrupted as well.

Something I would like to know is if your partition is NTFS of FAT32? (Or at least what it is SUPPOSED to be anyway).

I have tools to fix NTFS partition problems. I am unware of any freeware tools for FAT32

Can you help me out here too. I got more or less exactly the same problem here... Windows reported corrupted MBR and I can see ???? in PQ Magic...
My HD is sata and is the logical partition...

berzerk: Aquire and try a program called GetDataBack for NTFS. This helped me in pretty much the same situation: 80GB drive where the partition table was erased and written with a new blank one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back