Bropia.P Worm

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought that this sub-forum would be an appropriate place to post this thread. So, i was sent a file via MSN messenger called 'Me Pis*ed' i accepted it as it was valid as to what i was talking about. i opened the file, it opened in MS-DOS which i thought was abit odd. i am slightly competent in using computers so i was wondering if anybody else has had the same problem. and if anybody could help me.
apparently it is a worm with trojan like features cuz it opens a port to the internet.
i have mcafee internet security suite, the whole package, it has virusscan, personal firewall plus, spamkiller and internet privacy.
virusscan never picks up the virus and i hope that personal firewall plus is blocking the outgoing traffic.

Please help me

i turned system restore off on all my drives, did a virus scan using the latest virus definition .DAT file.
Could my virusscan b faulty?
is there any other way 2 make sure the virus is still on my computer or any other way to remove the virus?
thnx

Did you download the latest Dat file + Engine?

If you look carefully at the removal instructions there is a link to get the above files.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

i downloaded the 4430 one from Mcafee.com, it came up in my folder with a planet earth icon, when i opened it it said i dont have any suitable products. So i downloaded the engine for virusscan update and it came as a zip file with loads of files and i dont know wot 2 do. it has a few executable files but they briefly open ms-dos.

is there any manual way to remove this virus/worm?
does anybody know wot it does?

I suggest that you do as SNGX1275 says and use the Symantic removal tool.

I only gave you the Mcafee link because of your internet security suite

But if it`s causing you problems you`d probably be better off with the Symantic tool which are usually very good at doing what they say.

Regards Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back