Votes: 74 58.3%
  • IE

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 14 11.0%

• Total voters
J

jtickner1

For me it is Opera. I've been using it for years now (I remember it having the ad banner back in the day).
I've used Firefox, Chrome, Safari and many other browsers but I find nothing to be as good as Opera.

Firefox just has the 'opensource' and 'linux' look and feel to it. It just reminds me of about any program I've ever used in linux. Opera on the other hand looks like a polished piece of software that you'd expect if you paid money for it. And Opera crashes less(never).

like petalx said, firefox pwns ;) i used opera once and didn't like it that much, but that might have been version 7 or 8 or something, it wasn't recently

I have to stick with IE because all - and I mean all - my contacts use it. Perhaps this erudite and learned group are the exception in preferring just about anything other than MS products.......

Whether it be Opera or Firefox is mostly down to personal preference I guess. I use Firefox myself and have done for a number of years.

Whatever your preferences, they are both more secure than IE, which should be avoided like the plague wherever possible. :p

Regards Howard :)

Firefox always takes longest to load up it seems, i cant stand that. Opera is light on the eyes, it gets the job done. I.E just blah, too many problems for me.

I used firefox for 5 years now...tried Opera...liked speed and interface, but there is still to much that is unsupported...ei plugins...if opera had ff's support and was open source, I would always use it :)

i've been using firefox for years and happy with it.
though ie7 seems to be great, but firefox 2 come faster in my eyes...

That Firefox open source argument I think only holds water if you use Open Office instead of Microsoft Office. Maybe you just like Firefox better, thats fine, but don't tout it being Open Source as a major reason you are using it if you aren't supporting other open source projects.

Firefox just has the 'opensource' and 'linux' look and feel to it. It just reminds me of about any program I've ever used in linux. Opera on the other hand looks like a polished piece of software that you'd expect if you paid money for it. And Opera crashes less(never).

hit the nail on the head, as well as opera's lush mouse gestures

Firefox and Mozilla classic... I only use IE for those websites (like some government ones) that aren't FF or Mozilla friendly.

Mouse Gestures?

The mouse gestures are a nice little feature Opera has, for instance you hold down the right click button on your mouse and press left click to go back a page, or hold down left click and press right click to go forward a page, there are many more, such as hold down right click and drag the mouse down to open a new tab, or hold down right click and drag the mouse down then right to close a tab. there really good. make browsing a lot quicker and better

jtickner1 - its actually customizable. Or at least the way I use them is different than you. I hold right mouse and just flick my wrist left and that goes back, flick to the right and it goes foward. Those are really the only 2 I use, they get used extensively though. Really sucks to have to use IE or FF because I find myself using mouse gestures and having nothing happen :(

Opera is the best I have ever used. Starts up faster and loads pages faster than Firefox or IE, and looks much better too. It has a cleaner interface IMO and the widgets and other features like Mouse Gestures make for icing on the cake.

Of the three, I'd prefer Opera. However, because of browser driven development, I use IE7 alot. The current Hierarchy of browser usage for me is IE7, then Opera, then Browzar (standalone IE alternative that automatically clears its own caches when closed), and then Firefox.

to make IE7 more like Opera, I also have a FREE add on for IE7 called IE7Pro. Among other things such as forcing single instances, extra ad blocking, flash blocking (really really nifty) dictionary and spell checker, address bar macroing (like putting in "ts" for www.techspot.com/vb/ ), and custom user scripts, it also includes customizable mouse gesturing (what a fun feature in Opera. =), now it can be used in IE! ). Best of all, it makes IE just as feature rich as Opera, but its still more bloated and slower though. =p

FF works for what its worth, and is really nice in regards to its impressive library of extensions.

Relying on a program to be secure and to protect you is foolish, as I believe it is more up to the user to be wary of his or her surfing habits, and to practice safe browsing of the Internet and not open emails that you do not know who they are from (or blatantly spam).

As we say in the office, the weakest point in a security system is not necessarily the programs used within it, but the people who use the programs.

~madboyv1

The mouse gestures are a nice little feature Opera has, for instance you hold down the right click button on your mouse and press left click to go back a page, or hold down left click and press right click to go forward a page, there are many more, such as hold down right click and drag the mouse down to open a new tab, or hold down right click and drag the mouse down then right to close a tab. there really good. make browsing a lot quicker and better

Oh FireFox also has those mouse gestures too, I use them when im looking on alot of pages so I can switch tabs faster

I Think You Also Should Have Given Us Choice D: All of the above

Firefox is my first choice, but I leave my "Verizon Yahoo" browser as my default. It's a heavily modded version of IE6, but with slightly better security and TABBED browsing.
Firefox has a few quirks (in my experience). Certain websites can't be visited by direct window, but must be opened in tabs or else they open in the sidebar which is really annoying. "Webshots" won't display thumbnails in Firefox but they are displayed correctly in Opera. (Again referencing my installations).
At the end of the day I guess I'm easily moved by a pretty face (GUI), and I enjoy the many faces of Firefox.
I run the browser with "No-script" and "Flashblock".

jtickner1 - its actually customizable. Or at least the way I use them is different than you. I hold right mouse and just flick my wrist left and that goes back, flick to the right and it goes foward. Those are really the only 2 I use, they get used extensively though. Really sucks to have to use IE or FF because I find myself using mouse gestures and having nothing happen:(

yeah i hate that. thats why you dont use an inferior browser :D, about the wrist flicking gestures, thats a default one, i just prefer the clicking one.

Oh FireFox also has those mouse gestures too, I use them when im looking on alot of pages so I can switch tabs faster

whenever i used firefox i can never do a mouse gesture? you can do a tab one with opera, hold right click and scroll away ;)

Back