Browser problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydy

My problem was when i opened my browser, e.g firefox, the browser just keeping loading the certain page, no response. then i turn of my avast anti-virus, and try again, browser then back to normal. with several tracking, i just found out it cause by one of my avast anti-virus feature,(Web Shield), enable it will cause above problem, so i've to disable it.
i've tried to remove and reinstall, but still no use.could anyone tell me the solution.

First try setting all your browser security settings to default. Restart firefox.
If you still have IE on your machine, does that show the same problem?

Guess it is the firewall - do you have both the avast and the windows firewall running at the same time? If so, turn off the Windows firewall.

my window firewall already turned off and i didn use it from the beginning until now. however, i do have using firewall sygate firewall, i've turned off it, but the problem doesn't related to the firewall, the problem originally caused by avast's web shield features. this type of problem really intractable.

Under the circumstances, I would suggest uninstalling avast and reinstalling it again. Do not duplicate any av, as or firewall software.

i did, but problem still remain, the best alternative solution is ignore it wont be a big deal rather go for formatting. Nevertheless i'm still seeking the solution.

If you don't need the Avast Web Shield feature, then just go without it. If you a serious web surfer who downloads a lot, then try a different Internet Security package than Avast.

here's a list of ports necessary for normal browser activity
ports:
67 (dhcp)
53 (dns)
80,443 (browsers + ssl)
25,110 (email)

print/file sharing need other ports which I will defer for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back