Browsing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I hope someone can help. I got a new pc 3 months ago, and shortly after that my problem began.
When browsing, pages do not load properly or not at all. It seems to stall. When I click a link or page, the bar starts going but the stops. Sometimes the page seems fully loaded, but the bar is still going at the bottom. If I keep clocking, it usually loads.Sometimes bits of the page appear, sometimes I get 404 messages and often time outs also. Sometimes the page is just white and it says done at the bottom left. I thought it was IE7 because that was all I had added, but same in firefox. Driving me nuts! No other problems with the PC. Refreshing usually helps, but I have to do it 10 times usually. I have 8meg, but only get about 5 or so. It seems to start connecting to sites and then stop. It is not the sites - I get it for everything eg bbc news frontpage, gmail etc. Buttons on pages gifs etc often dont work, and many pictures dont appear. Occassionally, it all works fine for a little while, but there seems to be no particular time when it is better/worse. I have tried resetting all stuff to default, made no difference.
I hope you can help. Cheers.

So when you go to your connection status and refresh a page does it show sending and receiving packets?

Also might be helpful - how are you connected to your router =ethernet or wireless?

When you go to device manager - under network adapter - does it show the correct network adapter or a generic windows assigned name?

Yes, it does show sending/receiving packets.
Ethernet cable is being used, tried with a usb modem but no difference.
It is correct Nvidia driver, non generic.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back