Browz 3D fast model viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitAlex

I just released the first version of a little proggie that might be useful to some of you if you're into 3D modeling :)

More information on my website : Click here

See you around ;)

P.S. Feel free to post any comments/suggestions about it here :)

Looks like a very handy utility. Can it load texture maps onto the models? This would be very handy for editing texture and transparency maps. It is a pain to edit a map, then have to load a 3D app just to test the seam fit.

There was a similar program a couple of years ago but its cost outweighed its usefulness. I also don't think it is available anymore so your proggie should prove very useful.

I'll be sure to let you know how it works out for me.

**Have you distributed this tool to the 3D community, Renderosity and the 3D Commune both have download sections that accept submissions. You may already know of them but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Well, I'll just say, Very good job. I don't guess you can load maps onto the models but other than that it is a very handy program, especially for quickly looking through new models you have downloaded. The only thing I would like to see that I don't see is the ability to load maps so it is easier to see how they fit without having to load a full 3D application.

BTW, I couldn't find anything telling whether this is shareware, freeware, or what. If it is freeware, it is a Very Nice app, if it is shareware, add the function I mentioned and tell me the price :D LoL.

In all, I'd say this is a great little program for viewing your 3D models and a must have for anyone who does 3D work. Don't mean to sound like an infomercial there but you can quote me if you like :grinthumb

FAST / no maps !

Thanx for anwsering so fast :)

The main purpose of the prog is to be fast and be able to browser through models QUICKLY

So, the prog only loads vertex and polygon data which is pretty fast.

If I had to add texture map support, the program would be released in 4 months caus there are full of different texture formats and stuff

This first version is absolutely freeware but the second one with more improvements could be shareware, but won't cost so much.

I really don't think i'll add texture mapping support for now, unless I receive 2000 mails asking me about that ;) I want my program to be fast. Other programs exist that support such stuff. The last thing you have to know is that i'm not really into 3d modeling myself so undertanding some mechanisms takes me more time ...

BTW could you give the the URLs of the 2 places you wrote about ? I didn't even know bout these site cause as i said just before i'm not a 3d modeler myself.

C ya around :)

Hey Storm - I'm on the Renderosity forums too under Rhino3D - are you on there?

LNCPapa

Dumb

Sorry but i'm a dumb man u see :)

cannot find where i can add my software on these two sites :(

maybe i have to sign up for membership before i can do this ?

Pappa, I don't go to Renderosity too much anymore, I think something is wrong with their systems, half the time it won't let me log in. I do go to the Commune quite a bit though, I mostly hang out in the Poser stuff, my ID there is Techn0mage.

Alex, you have to join to upload, you go to the free stuff section and follow the link for uploading. I think the process is similar for both sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back