BSOD - 0x000000D1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOVIET_

Hello all. I was recommended by a friend to post my problem here as he uses this forum for his PC problems.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The above is the stop error I keep on getting whenever I try to open large .avi files, or try to edit video in Audition. Recently, it has become more apparent when opening several intensive programs at the same time. Now, I have taken the following steps:

- AVG Virus scan
- Windows Defender spyware scan
- Reset my pagefile
- Cleaned my RAM modules (2X 512MB sticks) and tested them in other slots
- No parts of my computer are overclocked

I have tried to run a Memtest86 scan, however I keep getting the error 'Address line A20 is already enabled' & unfortunately I cannot get into my BIOS as it is passworded (I have tried using the default passwords for my manufacturer, Phoenix)

HERE is a .zip file to my last 5 memory dumps

I am at a loose end with what to do because it is an annoying problem, especially since I do quite a lot of video editing. Any help would be greatly appriciated & I will provide any info. you require, thanks

All caused by nvatabus.sys. I think this is the IDE driver (hard disk and CD/DVD drives). What type of hard drive/s are you using? If you're only using IDE drives then it's easily fixed by using the Windows drivers.

Hello. My hard drive is a
Seagate 'Barracuda 7200.8 SATA NCQ 250823' if that means anything to you. May I ask what IDE stands for? Thanks for your time

IDE (or PATA) is the old way to connect hard drives, it's being superseded by SATA, which you have.

CD/DVD drives still use an IDE connection. Most SATA drives require a specific chipset driver, whereas IDE drives can just use the inbuilt Windows drivers. As I said, I think the driver that's causing the problem is the Nvidia supplied IDE driver, but as you've got an SATA drive, you'll have to check.

Click Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager. Now click the plus sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, right click the first entry (should end in controller) and select properties, then click the driver tab. At the top it will tell you the Driver Provider, if it says Microsoft then it has to be the SATA driver that's the problem.

Thanks for explaining peterdiva.

OK, in the IDE ATA/ATAPI section, I have 3 controllers there,

NVIDIA nForce4 ADMA controller (NVIDIA driver, 07/12/2004, v.5.10.2600.479)
NVIDIA nForce4 ADMA controller (NVIDIA driver, 07/12/2004, v.5.10.2600.479)
NVIDIA nForce4 Parrell ATA controller (NVIDIA driver, 07/12/2004, v.5.10.2600.479)

Would my next step be to update these drivers? Thanks very much for your help, the BSOD is occuring more and more now, even when not watching video, just opening programs & general use.

Okay, not sure what to update to when I click on 'Platform/nForce Drivers'

My motherboard name is Abit AN8 / Fatal1ty AN8 Series

Thanks, thought it would be that one, wanted to make sure though.

OK, I am uninstalling the Nvidia drivers on my PC, and have downloaded the new drivers. Will give an update as soon as they are installed, thanks

EDIT: Installed the new drivers, however for some reason after a restart, Windows wants to connect to the internet as it say it has found 4 pieces of new hardware. Anyway, everything is running like normal. Should I try to BSOD my machine by opening some large .avis and post 2-3 more minidumps if it occurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back