BSOD 0x000000D1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driver_IROL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x7266747A, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xB4FSA331)

NVTCP.sys- Address B4F5A331 base at B4F55000, Datestamp 44d7cf20

This has happened 4-5 times in the past week, and I'm also getting system freezes. It seems to happen whenever I play a grafficly intensive program, but also did it a few mins ago when I tried to reinstall my motherboard drivers.

I'm running XP Pro.

Very common, when you have a driver problem. You might try going back to an earlier version of the driver.
Can also be other hard drive problems... video card, memory are common causes.

Don't think its a ram issue, I've tired switching it out. I'm also running a SLI Bridge with duel 8800GTS 640mb.

I tired installing the latest motherboard drivers, lest see if that works.

As raybay points out 0xD1 errors point to driver issues.

Driver NVTCP.sys is a Nvidia firewall driver that have given people fits over the years. When I built my last system one of the first pieces of advice people told me was: "Don't install the firewall drivers." Either uninstall or update your chipset drivers.

Route44 said:
As raybay points out 0xD1 errors point to driver issues.

Driver NVTCP.sys is a Nvidia firewall driver that have given people fits over the years. When I built my last system one of the first pieces of advice people told me was: "Don't install the firewall drivers." Either uninstall or update your chipset drivers.

Do you think the problem with nvtcp.sys could also be causing hte system freezes or would it be a different issue?

If it is a chipset issue, yes, it could cause that. Minidumps can help attain more definitive answers.

How are the latest motherboard drivers doing? Anymore BSODs?

So far so good, but I haven't had a chance to really give it a test. But it has run longer w/o freezing at system idleing then it ever has. I'll give it a good test later on tonight, and I'll let you know.

Thanks for the help btw.

You are welcome. :) Sometimes all it takes is updating drivers. And, yes, please keep us informed if your system remains stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back