Not open for further replies.

Tuki

curent cofiguration :

Intel E6550
Asus P5B
Gecube HD3870
2GB Geil Ultra
500W Thermaltake TR2

I have been gettin BSOD with my new pc. I am attaching the minidumps. I dont know why they apeear. I recently installed windows vista ultimate 32 bit edition because I thought I am gettin BSOD only in XP. I m getting them in XP and in vista two. I am attaching tha minidomp from XP and Vista. I hope someone can tell me the cause. The hole rig is new.

I updated my bios, all drivers and the problem still persists.

You've got a strong indicator of a RAM problem. The first thing to do is check that you're running the correct RAM voltage.

BugCheck 1A, {41284, 4a31001, 4112, c0801000}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiLocateWsle+ca )

Thx for the quick reply.
I didnt change anything in the bios. The RAM runs on stock freq. and voltages . what should be the correct RAM voltage for them : Geil Ultra DDR2 800mhz CL4.

How about the xp bsod ?

To find the corret voltage for your RAM you must go to Geil's website and they will tell you there.

Memory becomes corrupted and why that is other than overclocking is anybody's guess. I just had to change out my RAM today that was at stock setting and correct voltage for 2 plus years.

Run MemTest for 7-10 passes.

I did run memory test at least 8 time, then tryed with only one memmory stick at a time, they all passed. other ideas ?

Right now I set tha RAM to 667Mhz and it s seems to be stable. If I will get any more bsod I will change it back to 800 and will raise the voltage.

Tuki said:
Right now I set tha RAM to 667Mhz and it s seems to be stable. If I will get any more bsod I will change it back to 800 and will raise the voltage.

Good, sometimes all it takes is RAM voltage tweaking. let us know if your stability continues or if more problems occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back