BSOD 3d Error! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, for the past few days I have been combing forums and guide posts about the BSOD error and have finally caved into making my own help request. I am fairly certain the BSOD error comes from some 3d problem, because my system works totally fine unless I start a game. I ran a DX 3d diagnostic and that also tripped the BSOD. I have not updated ALL drivers on my computer, but I have updated/rolled back/ changed clock speed of the vid card to a lower value. None of these items worked. I've tried countless routes. However, just the other day - I tested to see if turning up my RAM voltage by .2 volts would help it, I also rolled back my vid card driver. I booted up my computer and the game worked! The odd thing is, after I played for a bit, I quit the game and the BSOD came back. I have not run a MemTest86, but I do have spare RAM of the same kind that I used so unless its the mobo itself my memory is fine.

So, open for suggestions and tests, and I will reply quickly.

My system:
GIGABYTE LGA 775 Intel 945GC Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
WD 80g Hard Drive
2G Corsair DDR2 Memory
Intel Celeron D 352 Processor 3.2G
ASUS EN8500GT TOP/HTP/256M GeForce 8500GT 256MB 128-bit

Any help is welcome help, thanks in advance!

You may have to replace the video card. You already tried everything I can think of, so either by swapping or replacing, the video card is suspect at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back