BSOD after complete hardware replacement.. NO! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyxoz

Hello there.
A couple of months ago I posted here about my BSOD problems, and I was suggested to replace graphics card and RAM. So I did, and my problem still persists. I have replaced my PSU, CPU, motherboard, HD, RAM, graphics card and my CPU-cooler - it just can't be true I'm still getting them!

My current setup is:
Core 2 Duo E6300 1,86 GHz
Asus Geforce GT7600
Kingston Valueram PC5300-CL5 667 MHz (2*1gb)
Antec Smartpower 2.0 500W
Western Digital 80gb 7200 rpm
Zalman CNPS-9500 CPU-cooler

Seeing I had the problem before any replacement at all, it can't be hardware-related when I've replaced every single piece.
I could cry, man.. This has been going on for 2 years, and I've never found a solution.
I don't know what else info to provide, but what the heck do I do to solve it?

Thanks in advance...

Suggest you go to the web site of your hard drive manufacturer and run their drive fitness tests while the drive is hot after use. Did you replace the hard drive with another of the same make. Are the dumps identical?
Looks like your only choices left are the cpu and the motherboard, or perhaps something unrelated such as sound card or modem... other PCI devices can weirdly cause some of those problems.
I don't see anything in your memory dump that leaves a good clue.

raybay said:
Suggest you go to the web site of your hard drive manufacturer and run their drive fitness tests while the drive is hot after use. Did you replace the hard drive with another of the same make. Are the dumps identical?
Looks like your only choices left are the cpu and the motherboard, or perhaps something unrelated such as sound card or modem... other PCI devices can weirdly cause some of those problems.
I don't see anything in your memory dump that leaves a good clue.

My harddrive was replaced with another drive of a different make.
I don't know if the dumps are identical.
Well, I replaced the motherboard and CPU already, and my soundcard is built-in on my motherboard. I don't use any other PCI devices

Ok, so I just reformatted my computer and I made 100% sure everything I installed was up to date - graphics drivers, sound drivers, DirectX.
I even used a different anti-virus and firewall than before the reformat.

But what happened.. Another crash - 0x1000000a (0x00000054, 0x0000001c, 0x00000001, 0x804e1630)
This doesn't make sense.. Is there something wrong with my version of Windows or is it SP2 that causes these crashes?

Minidump:

peterdiva said:
That one looks to be a hardware error. Try running with just one stick of RAM.

Erhm.. I just bought my RAM today, and I had the BSOD problem before I bought them too :S
I've read Realtek onboard sound can cause BSODs, but can it cause different errorcodes that don't relate to sound?

Another minidump...

Two of your five dumps point to nv_disp.dll which is part of Nvidia chipset and WoW.exe which is of World of Warcraft. Have you updated your chipset drivers? After a bit of researching this also what i found:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=6596

Update: Nuts, i didn't notice you even changed your motherboard. I wonder if it is a ciorrupted WoW game.

Route44 said:
Two of your five dumps point to nv_disp.dll which is part of Nvidia chipset and WoW.exe which is of World of Warcraft. Have you updated your chipset drivers? After a bit of researching this also what i found:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=6596

Update: Nuts, i didn't notice you even changed your motherboard. I wonder if it is a ciorrupted WoW game.

I don't think it's the WoW game, as it happened in other games before too. WoW is just the only game I'm playing at the moment.
And yeah, I've tried the latest drivers and now I'm running with a whql one - crashes still happen.

Ok, so I just tried running with 1 stick of RAM and I got 2 crashes within 10 minutes:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (0x1000007E)
Probably caused by: nv4_disp.dll

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (0x10000050)
Probably caused by: nv4_disp.dll

I'll try the other stick in the other slot now.

EDIT:
With the other stick of RAM I got a freeze and WoW crashed twice.

EDIT 2:
With the same setup I got a crash outside WoW saying:

BAD_POOL_HEADER (0x00000019)
Probably caused by: ntkrnlmp.exe

Okay, that exe can be caused by faulty RAM. I suggest you run a MemTest on each individual memory stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back