BSOD after start up: inaccessible boot device... any kind of help would be great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
total noob here... my dad downloaded some viruses and i believe the anti virus software caused the hard drive problems...start up is ok but when it's about to go to windows it goes to a blue screen

"xxx STOP: 0X0000007B COx81879C30,OxC00014F, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.
Refer to your Getting Started manual for move information on troubleshooting Stop Errors."

restarting does nothing i have the bootdisks but no ERD i loaded the bootdisks and got to the recovery console but when i tried to run chkdsk it said autochk.exe could not be located. what should i try next? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back