BSOD Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcriver442

Hello
You guys where great in helping me fix my BSOD 3 weeks ago.PC had been running great then this morning I get a BSOD.Now I tried to use the windows debugging kit and found that error was caused by a afd.sys I am not sure if I did it right so I have uploaded the minidump for you to check.and any info would be great Thanks
Jeff

Hey Jeff,
what did you do to fix the BSODs 3-weeks ago?

This minidump points to "Memory Corruption". Sound familiar?

I found from you guys here that my firewall and anti virus where causing the problem.So I changed antivirus and only firewall I am running now is windows firewall.I have install a few more games since then but I have not had a problem since.

It had the page fault error message.when ran the debugging it said that afd.exe was the cause.Is it tell you that about the memory in the debugging?This what I got when I ran it
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.6.0007.5
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [c:\windows\minidump\Mini072307-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: srv*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: c:\windows\i386
Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 2) UP Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254
Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8055a620
Debug session time: Mon Jul 23 10:03:25.794 2007 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 2 days 9:35:51.000
Loading Kernel Symbols
................................................................................................................................................................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000000A, {877ff0a0, 2, 0, 804ec9f6}

Probably caused by : afd.sys ( afd!AfdSetupReceiveDatagramIrp+f0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Just wondering if you think it could be the memory?I did run the memtest and found nothing.I am using Kingston memory and I know they have a lifetime warranty.If they are bad I will replace them 1 at a time.

that is what I thought and in my searching about it.I found, (A faulty network interface card (NIC) is broadcasting bad SAP packets on the network with a large value for Bytes Remaining. The computer has to have SAP Agent loaded for this to occur. It does not matter if the computer is using the Gateway Services for NetWare (GSNW) or intraNetWare client redirector but must have either redirector loaded. The SAP Agent is allowing the packet to be passed up the stack)
(The resource broadcasting the bad SAP packet must then be found and removed from the network).
(It sounds like there might be something on the networking causing it)
I found this at MS support site.
PC has been fine all day I will wate and see if it happens again.I will install another card and see.Or see if there is any updates for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back