BSOD: Any help is appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

toptop24

Hello all,

I have recently come across this BSOD and it is quite a pain. I have tried putting the memory into another slot and also put in a different memory chip inside and the BSOD still comes up. My BSOD is as follows:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

if this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. if this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

if problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0xFFA19020, 0xFFA19194, 0x805FA19A)

Beginning dump of physcial memory
physcial memory dump complete.
contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

After reading previous threads, I believe I can get help by posting MiniDumps. So hopefully I attach it correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Almost forgot, here are my system specs:
Dell Dimension 2400
Pentium 4 2.20 GHz
256 MB Ram
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1

I think that is all. Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at CSRSS.EXE
. This is the Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem and is a critical system file. The owning process is !update.exe. This is a virus and is most likely the cause of your problems.

Download and run the stinger programme from HERE.

Then, go HERE and have your computer scanned.

Then, go and read both these threads by RBS. Follow all the instructions exactly.

How to remove Trojans and its ilk! and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

Then see. How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT.

Open a new thread in the security and the web forum and post your HJT log, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hi howard_hopkinso,

Thanks for your helpful post and links. I think everything is fine now (cross fingers). I haven't had that BSOD come up again. I don't know what I would have done without your help.

Much thanks again,
toptop24

Glad your problem is solved.

Thanks for letting us know.

I`d still advise you to open a new thread in the security and the web forum and post a HJT log.

I`ll then check it over and see if it`s clean.

Regards Howard :)

I Spoke Too Soon :(

Hi all. Apparently, I spoke too soon regarding the BSOD. I have been getting the same BSOD again. I've done all the spyware removal, etc. I will post my HJT log on the Security forum. I have run HJT twice and am unsure if I "fixed" something I shouldn't have or what not. I will also attach more minidumps so maybe that will be more helpful. Thanks again for those who can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back