Bsod bad_pool_header

Status
Not open for further replies.
[PROBLEM SOLVED] Bsod bad_pool_header

Hi @all

I have a problem. I have installed True Image 11 and tried to make a secure zone. Later I tried to delete the secure zone and got the error: unpossible to resize - so the secure zone is deleted, but the size of the hd is still reduced.

The greates problem is the bsod bad_pool_header about 5-10 minutes after startup ob windows. I have already deinstalled True Image, but I get still the bsod. When XP SP2 ist started in safe mode, everything works, so ein I think it's a driver problem. In the minidump i read memory_corrupiton, so I tested and changed my RAM but the problem is still unsolved.

Please, please help!

spooky_cvc

Do you still have the True Image 11 bootable Cd ?
If so you could boot your system from this CD and fully remove True Image 11 plus any backup partitions.
This can be done even if True Image 11 has been un-installed

the problem with the unresizeable secure zone is now solved with the follwing hint:

Originally Posted by MTX and DwnNdrty (at Wilderssecurity-Board)
Use the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard to create a temporary Secure Zone in the unallocated space on your drive.

Once the SZ has been created, use the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard once more to remove the SZ and opt to assign the space it used to the main partition.

Reboot your system and you should now find you have eliminated the unallocated space.

When you do this, be sure to not accept the default to activate the Startup Recovery Manager. Remember it defaults to making the SRM so you have to manually uncheck it.

Now I'm waiting for the next bsod - with a lot of luck the above hint has solved the bsod-problem too. I'll post the result of my tests in the evening.

By the way: happy new year!

spooky_cvc

I would run a checkdisk on the drive
Right Click on C - Prperties - Tools - Check Now - Tick - OK - Yes

Also defrag the drive fully (probably way out now)

Good news about your info (I'm also a member there too)

And Happy New Year to you

yeahhh, that was the right hint - the pc runs since 5 hours without a bsod. Before I tried the above solution, the first bsod occured within the first 5-10 minutes after startup of the pc.

@kimsland: a checkdisk was done, but no problems were found at the hd. but to defrag the hd is a good idea - and I'll never install new software :blackeye: - never change a running system :grinthumb

spooky_cvc

:) great news
When you are completely satisfied (or even before ! ) you can mark this thread as Solved

OK you edited, so I will add another line here too

I like True Image 11

That's all I have to say
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back