BSOD driver... help help help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixiepoo

I have recently been getting a lot of BSOD's for no particular reason, i dont think i have any new drivers installed and i dont know computers well enough to understand what the codes mean. could anyone help me???

The codes shown on the blue screen were:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000D1 (0xE1CDF5AC, 0x000000FF, 0x00000000, 0x824E7419)

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!

thanks...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3 of your minidumps have a bugcheck of D1, and 1 has a bugcheck of 0A.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Now go and follow all of the instructions in the link I gave you.

Instructions for replacing the pagefile can be found in reply #11 of the above link.

Regards Howard :)

ram

Thanks for your help it is most appreciated!

But.... i have read your link and am baffled by everything in it! Im a girl (which probably says it all) and my knowledge of computers is embarrassing when it comes to playing with ram and a "ram stick" whatever that is... do you reckon its worth finding someone to do this for me???

Yes it is worth getting someone to help you.

Please don`t be too hard on yourself. I know plenty of guys who don`t know much about computers, so it`s got nothing to do with you being a girl.

Not everyone is able to understand the in`s and out`s of computers, and that`s absolutely fine.

If you can`t find someone to help you, then maybe you should consider taking the computer to a pc repair shop.

Regards Howard :)

i agree, something that your not sure of requires help, and about the girl thing, you probably know more than most of my freinds lol its just practice in different areas of computers good luck with ur problem....i hate BSOD's

I had the same BSOD problem and it was my RAM but RAM is a bit risky to muck around with so i agree about taking it to a pc repair shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back