BSOD DRIVER_IRQL!<or=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Hello Everyone,

I bought a new laptop around a month ago that crashes several times a day every day with the same exact error message. Any help you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. I am not an IT professional so this crash dump analysis stuff is very cryptic to me. I am hoping that some kind soul will assist me here. I don't know where else I can seek help. I have attached the most recent minidumps. Thanks!

I am feeling frustrated.
My OS is windows vista ultimate.
My computer is a Toshiba Qosmio F45-AV411.

Attachments

• MiniDumps.zip
    89.8 KB · Views: 10
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at Sacm2A.sys. I believe this is the driver for your usb cable modem.

Try updating the drivers and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for the quick response! I went into Device Manager, found the driver you mentioned (Sacm2a.sys) and checked for updates. Windows determined that my driver was up to date and gave me a driver date of 08/21/2006.

The modem is a Scientific Atlanta Webstar 2000 Series modem. It was the modem that I was using on my old desktop computer. Is it a modem compatibility problem or could I have messed something up when I plugged the old modem into my new laptop?

It could be a compatibility problem, or it could be a problem with the modem itself. I don`t know which.

Maybe you could contact the modem manufacturers website and see what drivers are available. maybe trying an older driver to see if it becomes stable, it`s worth a try.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back