BSOD Driver_IRQL_less_or_equal can i fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_Joster

Hi Guys
I am having a pretty constant error where XP Pro crashes and i get "Driver_IRQL_less_or_equal" . I am running a

Biostar M7NCD pro - Mobo
Crucial 512mb DDR Memory
Aopen Geforce FX5200 128mb Graphics Card
Maxtor 60GB 5200rpm

I am wondering if there is anything i can do to fix this issue as it is very fustrating. I flashed the bios a few months back with Pheonix labs bios and it updated fine but i am completely stuck on what if anythign i could do.
Please give me a hand if you know anything.

Regards
Joe

I have that board too and it was constan problems at first. Same error especially when playing games or multimedia.It turned out the default memory timmings are too aggressive. I have mine set at 6-3-3 CAS 2.5.

Hey
thanks very much for that, it does drive me crazy doing that every time i am doing something, it is as you said always in the middle of what your doing!!

Can i change the memory timings in the bios setting then?? Please let me know where i can change them to more reasonable level.

Thanks again

Joe

IRQL error

I checked my memory Timing settings and they are already set to 6-3-3 CAS 2.5. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated as it is occuring more often!!

Can you give us the exact error message plus all the numbers?

You might want to go HERE for an explanation of Windows stop messages.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Hey Howard
I will try to get the details of the screen when it appears again as it invariably will!! Is there a way i can take a screen shot of it or will i need to write it down and then input it in for you to see!!

Cheers again

Can you believe that it has not crashed for about 4 days now but as soon as it does i shall input the error message and hopefully it can be sorted out.

Similar message

I am getting a similar message on one of our Dell machines, a Dell 4700. I am running Win 2000 Pro and originally it had a Dell 1700 printer attached with no problem. I moved that printer to another location and installed an HP LJ 1200. Almost immediately we started getting blue screens with stop errors when we printed. I called Dell and they had me download the latest system flash and it seemed to clear up for about a week. Then the errors started again. It only happens when we print but not every time. The complete message is:

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x0000015, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xEB6AAB46)
Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
Address EB6AAB46 base@EB6A8000, DateStamp 3E25BA6E - uhcd.sys

Then it begins a memory dump.
If anyone can help I will deeply appreciate it!

Eddie

ITEddie said:
I am getting a similar message on one of our Dell machines, a Dell 4700. I am running Win 2000 Pro and originally it had a Dell 1700 printer attached with no problem. I moved that printer to another location and installed an HP LJ 1200. Almost immediately we started getting blue screens with stop errors when we printed. I called Dell and they had me download the latest system flash and it seemed to clear up for about a week. Then the errors started again. It only happens when we print but not every time. The complete message is:

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x0000015, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xEB6AAB46)
Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
Address EB6AAB46 base@EB6A8000, DateStamp 3E25BA6E - uhcd.sys

Then it begins a memory dump.
If anyone can help I will deeply appreciate it!

Eddie
Hello and welcome to techspot.

Go HERE and scroll down to your error message.

It might be worth downloading and running Memtest86+ you can get this from www.memtest.org

let it run for at least seven passes.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Uhcd.sys

The stop error is telling you that the problem is with uhcd.sys (USB Host Controller Driver). Try reinstalling or replacing that file. Check for a service pack that updates it.

Irql_not_less_or_equal

Ok guys so my Pc finally crashed out again after being fine for a week (Think it does it on purpose). So here is the message i get when it crashes.

Biostar M7NCD pro - Mobo
AMD Athlon 2200+
Crucial 512mb DDR Memory
Aopen Geforce FX5200 128mb AGP Graphics Card
Maxtor 60GB 5400rpm

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.
If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware manufacturer for any windows updates you may need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safe modeto remove or disabke components, restart your computer press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:
***STOP 0x000000D1 (0x3F3F3F87, 0x00000002, 0X00000001, 0Xbac5eb80)

***ndiswan.sys - address BAC5EB80 base at BAC5400, datestamp 41107ec6

Begining Physical memory dump
Physical memory dump complete

What do you guys think? anything that i can fix, By the way when the system crashed I was using Azureus (bit torrent application) amd Windows Media player if that helps.

I would really appreciate any help you can throw at me.

Cheers guys

ndiswan.sys problem

Your last stop error had something to do with this file (ndiswan.sys) which has something to do with Windows networking or your NIC. I would try to restore that file from the XP CD and reinstall your NIC drivers. Also, search Google for "XP stop ndiswan.sys error" - you should find enough information to fix this.

Good luck

IRQL problem

Ok
Nice one, thankyou for helping me out on this!! I'm going to try and restore the file from my cd.

Cheers again i'll let you know of it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back