BSOD!! driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey people. Am new 2 this forum, and i dunno if am even posting in the right section but here it goes....

I have building a new pc (my 4th one), so am not exactly an amateur or anything. The specs are:

Intel 6400 Core 2 Duo
Gigabyte GA-965p-DS4
Maxtor 160gb hd
EVGA 256 7600gt
1gb DDR2 667 arianet ram
450watt psu

whats been happening is that ive been receiving the driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
error quite frequently. I installed Xp pro for the first time, and it came up a lot (i got quite a few BAD_POOL_HEADER as well). I tried a number of online guides to get rid of it, without avail. I then decided 2 reinstall windows as it was getting out out control. Trying 2 reinstall windows, it comes up halfway through the installation process, and it will not let me finish. Ive tried to reinstall it about three times now, but its appeared each time with
driver_irql_not_less_or_equal NTFS.sys
0x000000A (before it was 0x000000d1)

I dont know what 2 do! Is it most definately a harware problem? and if so which one? i know its not the graphics card as i tried another one in this system and it just came up again (but much faster, bfore it could actually start the windows installation). Thank you

I reinstalled windows fnally, after many attempts! It was working fine until i tried 2 do a defrag, where it said i had 2 do a chkdsk run. I did so, and fixed the corrupted files n stuff. Then, i moved on 2 install a game (company of heroes 2 b exact), and the pc just restarts again.
Am gonna attempt a ram check.
Any suggestions people? all are welcome :p (and thx for the link m8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back