BSoD drives me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I need the help of someone more knowledgeable than myself. My father got himself a P4 computer off of ebay and when he got it, it had some problems not seeing the HD, but he unplugged and replugged it and it got to working. A few months later it started crashing (usually at msn gaming zone). Then it got to the point where it wouldn't boot at all. I would get POST, then windows splash for 1 split sec/ a BSoD for a split sec then reboot.
Rinse/repeat
Rinse/repeat....etc.

He has a SATA HD and I have never messed with them, so not to smart on them, so I got an old IDE HD and replaced his SATA with that and it booted. Messed with it for a while with no problems and he ordered another SATA HD.
(he is really trying to save the info from original HD to try and recover later)
(2-weeks later)
Got new SATA HD and loaded Win xp home. All good, for about 5 hours, then the crashing began. Tried new SATA cables - no help there! Like I said, I am an ***** with this SATA, seems mobo has SATA problems to me.
we return mobo (ABIT VT7) and buy another (Intel D865PERL)

Same problem!

So, I have taken out and used 1 512 stick memory and then the other and will not boot. Just POST, then windows splash for 1 split sec/ a BSoD for a split sec then reboot, etc.

Does SATA take specific power? I guess I am down to Processor, psu, memory and video card??

P4 Intel 3Gb
1024 DDR (together run at 400)
FX5200 video
has a raidmax psu

some BSoD I have got

0x0000007A
0xE18AB164
0xc000000e
0xBF849924
0XZ69F2860
wIN32K.SYS BF8E6534 BASE AT BF800000 DATESTAMP 3d6de5e5
win32k.sys BF849924 BASE AT BF800000

Any help would be much appreciated

Welcome to Techspot

You may want to check your power supply (is it powerful enough) or it could be failing. Do you have a lot of bown out / power spikes where your at?

May also want to check your RAM. You can use this free utility and it works very well:

http://www.memtest.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back