BSOD driving me crazy. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmarko

I just built this comp 6 weeks ago and have been having BSOD problems. Every time i run memtest i instantly get an error. I tried swapping the ram, psu, and video card and i still got an error as soon as i ran memtest.

The weird thing is that i can make it crash just by trying to uninstall guitar hero 3. Firefox also crashes constantly and it often brings windows down with it.

Somebody please save me from going insane and throwing this thing out the window!

You're probably not going to get a lot of help going through rapidshare because I doubt many people here are members there.

Thus, In order to help you zero in on what the culprit is it is important that you attach your minidumps to your next post via the Manage Attachment button in the Attach Files option below...

You do not have to be a member at rapidshare. And I only used it because the file attatchment limit was so small here.

I split them up into a few zips.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    95.5 KB · Views: 5
Seven of your minidumps all pointed to the same thing: Memory Corruption. I suggest running MemTest for a minimum of 7-10 passes. if you have any errors then run each stick individually.

However, your minidumps also point to 0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

Therefore I would run a harddrive diagnostics as soon as possible; also chkdsk/r and chkdsk/f and then do a complete system scan for infections.

I ran each stick individually in each slot and also tried my old ram. All with the same result which was an error as soon as memtest starts. Could this be my motherboard? My hard drives worked fine on my last motherboard so its almost certainly not them. I am going to backup both hard drives this weekend to an external and format them both. Can you run memtest from a usb drive without any hard drive attached?

Could this be caused by improper hard drive settings? I downloaded the western digital lifeguard tools and when i ran it, it said that my hard drive was not set up to be used with large drives (larger than 137 gigs).

So it can't be the ram or hard drives. I guess that pretty much just leaves the motherboard and cpu. Would this more than likely be a mobo problem? I ran memtest with diff vid cards, diff ram, no hard drives, diff psu. I keep getting an error as soon as test 2 starts. The exact same spot every time. I really don't understand this.

elmarko said:
I just built this comp 6 weeks ago and have been having BSOD problems. Every time i run memtest i instantly get an error. I tried swapping the ram, psu, and video card and i still got an error as soon as i ran memtest.

The weird thing is that i can make it crash just by trying to uninstall guitar hero 3. Firefox also crashes constantly and it often brings windows down with it.

Somebody please save me from going insane and throwing this thing out the window!

Mr.Markus would it be possible for you to post the exact blue screen message for example "0x0000007b" something like this or "ntldr missing" exactly what message

elmarko said:

Mr.Markus would it be possible for you to post the exact blue screen message for example "0x0000007b" something like this or "ntldr missing" exactly what message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back