BSOD errors among others. Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a new build, except for the Case and Powersupply. Everything came from newegg.com.

Specs:

SRock 4CoreDual-SATA2

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

MSI 8600GTS

Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2 667

600w Ultra V series (This is my PSU from the previous build). Link to PSU specs: http://www.bizrate.com/powersupplies/oid485623280.html

Now for my problem...

After the computer had been assembled together and I was installing windows I encountered my first BSOD. It flashed way too fast to actually read the thing, and then the computer restarted. It would happen to me EVERY time, but also at different times. For example, I would get BSOD during windows install, or when the winows CD setup is running. And yet, if I removed one of the RAM sticks, the computer would work 100%. I could install windows, play games, everything. The BSOD errors ONLY occured when both ram sticks were in together.

Obviously, this led me to assume that the RAM is bad. I RMA'd it, and when the replacements came, I installed them and recieved the same errors. Infact, this time around something goes wrong even if I have just one RAM stick in.

One time, I was able to actually load windows and login. When I launched S.T.A.L.K.E.R, the game would feeze up about every 30 seconds, and then BSOD. I tried playing BIOSHOCK also, but with the same results.

So thats where I sit now. At this point, I've run out of ideas except that maybe my PSU is insufficient. Buying a better one is an option, but I want to be fairly sure that this is the solution.

Another possibility is that the RAM could be once again, bad. But what are the odds of that?

So then, what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back