BSOD errors...any idea what this means?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting a BSOD fairly often, but I'm unable to find the cause. This is an example of one of the event logs

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000010, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f72a29d2.

Does anyone know of a good way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks for the reply. I checked out that site and it seems to indicate that it is a device driver, which is what I thought, but I can't identify the driver. I've looked at the minidumps, but I don't know enough about reading them to determine the driver. I've tried updating several drivers and it hasn't helped. Any idea how to determine the actual driver causing the problem?

Thanks,

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Follow these instructions, on how to post your minidump files.

Then someone will look at them, and try to identify what the problem is.

Originally posted by cpc2004.

When Windows crashes with blue screen, it writes a system event 1001 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump. Check system event 1001 and it has the content of the blue screen

Event ID: 1001
Source: Save Dump
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was : 0xc000000a (0xe1270188, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804032100).
Microsoft Windows..... A dump was saved in: .......

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001. Copy the content and paste it back here

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps and attach the zip files here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks, I actually found the post on here by cpc2004 explaining how to read the dump and it seems to be bcmwl5.sys which is my Dell wireless card using a braodcom driver. This is a copy of two of the debugging logs in case anyone would like to confirm that I'm reading this correctly. I also found some other posts about similar problems with the same dell driver.

Thanks

Thanks!

Thanks for checking this and especially for posting how to read the dumps. That has always been a bit of a mistery, but a very valuable thing to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back