BSOD from connecting to a Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use PC MacLan to connect to the Mac comps that are on our small office network. Recently I upgraded to Norton SystemWorks 2006 (I don't know if this is related) and since then, every time I try to connect to a Mac, I get a BSOD.

I can click into the Macintosh Network, and on the individual comp I want to connect to. But as soon as I try to open a particular shared folder... BSOD.

I don't get this problem with anything else I do at all, so I've pretty much ruled out hardware issues. But anything is possible at this point I suppose.

I've uninstalled Norton completely, and uninstalled/reinstalled PC MacLan twice. Nothing has helped.

I checked the last dump and it said this:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x806ed134, 0xedb63b0c, 0x00000000)

I'm also attaching the last several minidumps.

Thanks for the help.

rik said:
The best thing you can do is get rid of that norton crap...

Believe me, if it were the comp I personally use, Norton wouldn't come within a country mile of it. It belongs to my boss, and I can't get him to listen to me, no matter how many times I try to tell him of the evils of Symantec.

But I will try the steps you linked me to and see if that helps. Thanks!

Edit:
Okay, as I said before, I uninstalled NSW2006 before (including the extras like LiveUpdate, etc., but I figured I would try that SymNRT.exe anyway. Only to be balked by the fact that my boss doesn't want his WinFax removed. Does SymNRT.exe help even if everything from NSW2006 has been removed from the Add/Remove Programs list? I even checked the startup to get rid of ccApp.exe manually if it was still there, and it wasn't.

Back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back