hi guys

Two probs i face are
1. game exits to the desktop
2. i frequently get BSOD on my comp.

config is
AMD 2600+
256 Mb ddr ram
GeForce FX- 5200 graphics card

i use the comp mainly for playing games . it always crashes during the games .
for nba 2005 , when i take the save option, the games ALWAYS exits to the desktop .
its same for all games. just exits to desktop while playing. and randomly BSOD like DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL and IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL and
nv4_mini.sys or somethin and many others.

also i read that
"
To stop getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error:
Check connection of IDE drives to the cable - master drive MUST be connected to the end of cable and slave - to the middle connector. If you have DVD writer, it should be at second IDE, and if it's not alone there it should be slave.
If your drives are connected other way - wait for IRQL_NOT...
It's a rule, it'simple, but it works! "

is this correct?

please help

thanks
nxd

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

Check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Take a look at this PSU Wattage calculator.

To stop getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error:
Check connection of IDE drives to the cable - master drive MUST be connected to the end of cable and slave - to the middle connector. If you have DVD writer, it should be at second IDE, and if it's not alone there it should be slave.
If your drives are connected other way - wait for IRQL_NOT...
It's a rule, it'simple, but it works! "

is this correct?

That`s not bad advice, but won`t necessarily stop the IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, as it depends on what the cause of the problem is.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

minidumps attchd

hi
i followd your instructions . still the games exit to desktop ,.
here are some of the mini dumps attached .

Sorry it`s taken so long for me to get back to you. I`ve been in hospital since saturday evening, and only came home on tuesday afternoon.

Your minidumps are crashing with variouse bugchecks. A/C2/C5/7E/50

This is a sign of either faulty ram, or faulty software, but could also be caused by faulty video ram/L2 cache ram of your cpu/Mobo

Check your mobo for bulging, or leaking capacitors. See HERE for further info.

Make sure that all your drivers are upto date. Check that your ram is compatible with your mobo.

Go HERE and check out the meaning of your bugcheck codes for further info.

Regards Howard :)

help.....!!!!!!

hi

so ther is nothing specific which is causin the problem? any particular software? the same games work fine on everyone elses sys, only on mine it exits t desktop.

can it b a prob w windows? do i hav to reinstall windows?

thnx in advance

nxd4u

Yes you could try reformatting and reinstalling, it may or may not solve the problem.

Although I can`t be sure, my gut feeling tells me you`ve got some kind of hardware problem.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back