BSOD...gonna set my computer on FIRE!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working on this problem for almost three days now....and I cannot fix it.

I'll try to be brief....

Setup:
MB = Asus A8N-SLI
HD1 = Win XP Home
HD2 = Ubuntu Linux
1GB ram

Here's the problem: I was installing a new modem that will work under both Windows and Linux...a USR Performance Pro modem. When I was installing the modem under Windows, it got almost all the way finished with updating the driver and I got a BSOD.

I tried rebooting. At the boot screen, my MB asks which operating system I want to boot into...there are several Ubuntu options for safe modes...but none for a Windows safe mode. In other words, I cannot get windows to boot into safe mode (tried the F8 thing, etc) The computer crashes as soon as the desktop loads.

I would post my minidumps from the C:\Windows\minidump folder if I could actually access it somehow...but do not know how to A) get to it or B) save it to a file to email without the computer working.

The error code I get is as follows:
STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xED9CF71C, 0x00000000)

USR_BSC2.sys Address EBC72683 base at EBC5F000 , datestamp 40052FE

I read the sticky...tried everything there to no avail.

I booted from a Windows CD into recovery mode, but access is denied to the USR folder (and I dont even know if that would help anyhow)

Thank GOD I have a laptop I can use.

For the love of God...can someone PLEASE help me before I open a vein over this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back