BSOD, had for a while now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Story: Got new computer ~2 months ago... thought i might do some overclocking of the graphics card with ATI tool... after nearly a week i started up the computer, (had ATItool activating the overclock at win startup) **I have Vista 32-bit oem... anyway, it said that it had lost its driver that was used to detect the grpahics card... it said to re-intall.. so i uninstalled and restarted the computer for my first BSOD on this computer. So i said... i'll give ATI tool 1 more shot, then if it does it again, ill enver touch ATI tool again... i installed it, but it still didn't have the driver, so i un-installed it and re-started, got another BSOD... Ever since i have had BSOD's every now and then, (maybe 1ce every 2-3 days)...
Today i got 2 in a row, first time...

I have read the "before posting mini dumps" and well it shouldn't have dust cause its new, 430W CM extreme PSU (AMPLE), only other thing it could be is the now MAYBE half-damaged GFX card..?? from ATI tool, the RAM, or registery/ driver problems... i think..

I tried to attach mini dump files but they were more then 100kb... to big... WHAT DO I DO NOW???

Hi,

Try zipping the minidumps.

I`m not sure they will tell you anything you don`t know.

I suggest you completely remove the ATI drivers and ATI tool,

see DriveCleaner and HERE

then download the latest drivers and install them.

Thanks, but I couldn't seem to download that software, drive cleaner... do u need a torrent-downloader to download it, cause I don't want to be doing anything illegal.......???

here are the mini dumps, thanks for the tip... :p (I hope they appear...)

:D Thanks for the help guys...

Attachments

• Mini100907-01.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 5
They all point to bad driver or possibly bad hardware (video card ?)
Do what po girl says,and get rid of all ATI stuff,reinstall drivers.
If that doesn`t do it,swap out the card.
See HERE for another download for the drive cleaner

hey thanks, but still having some bsod's... i think there could be less of em, but it's to soon to tell...

firstly, how do i properly use the drive Cleaner Pro to do what u know i need it to do??? - Thanks for any detailed responses here...

And here are the two bsods i've had since i last posted: (might be valid to look at assuming that i did use drive cleaner properly & that these arn't to do with ati drivers................................. I should have said it before but um.... i have an Nvidia 6700xl installed, :p).

Do the crashes only happen on startup? ATITool.sys is still installed. All the crashes look to be the same. I'm not sure if the EFI bit relates to THIS

BugCheck A, {144c, 2, 0, 81c5ef10}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exe ( nt!FstubWritePartitionTableEFI+150 ) <--EFI?

BugCheck A, {d8bc, 2, 0, 8185ef3e}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exe ( nt!FstubReadHeaderEFI+8 )

yes the crashes only happen on startup, sry that i didn't say this before. :(
Nothing of ati tool is in add/remove programs so i looked in reg edit and found C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\ATITool.sys here: hkey_local_machine\Software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\setup\pnplockdownfiles I also found about 3-4 "imagepaths" to system32\drivers\atitool.sys
I tried to delete the first thing i found, but it wouldn't... why are these files still acting upon my computer? Can i just find them on the computer in the paths i said and delete them?

About the bugCheck A... stuff u said....... i have no idea what that means, sry :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back