BSOD Hardware error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magiclight

Hey guys, ive got a BSOD with the error code: ***STOP: 0x00000000, 0xBAB3c050, 0xB2000040, 0x0000800. ive had a look around at similer problems and it seems to be a hardware problem, however ive been able to use the comp on the last configeration (the last settings that worked). ive had this for about 2 days and it wont load in even that no more.

I'm not sure if i need to send my compeuter specs or run anymore checks on my hardware (is it even a hardware problem?) so any guidence on this will be appreciated. ive had a BSOD about 2 weeks before this and there was excessive clicking on my HDD ive put a new one in and the problem went away, till now.

Type Vendor Model Size Interface Temperature
Fixed hard disk media Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-65TMA0 500 GBytes IDE SATA-II 32 ºC (90 ºF)
DVD Writer Sony SONY DVD RW AW-G170A IDE ATAP. are the temps right here? is there anything thats not right?

some of these problems are due to overclocks as far as i can make out, id just like to say ive not overclocked at all, and ive cleaned all the dust out with one of thoughs compressed air cans.

i have a 550w psu so as far as im aware this should be fine.

good news, i was promted to do another disk check (id already done one) so it did its thing and now i can use the comp, ive not tried restarting it yet so im not sure if this is just a quick fix only for problems to continue later on. anyway thought this may help

Thanks before hand for all your help, its really appreciated. :)

The clue could be the "excessive clicking" from the hard drive. This is often a sign that the drive is dying. You may not have many chances left if this is the case, so back up your files the next time your turn it on. Then download the diagnostic tools from the WD website and run them.

There is no excessive clicking now, ive put a new HDD om and its fine. its worked for 2 weaks after i put the new hdd in and now something elce has gone wrong (but there is no clicking)

I think you still have a drive related problem, as shown by an improvement after you ran the disk check.
Do you get the BSOD at boot?

Okay ive just restarted the comp and it seems like its runing fine now. im still abit worried if the problem comes back, but after the disk check it seems to work.

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back