BSOD is driving me insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cenobite321

Hello,

First of all, I have a laptop Dell Inspiron 9400 with Windows XP SP2. My video card is an Intel 945GM chipset family.

Two days ago I was looking for a diploma template on the Internet and when I got into one webpage that had it, Hell broke loose... Suddenly Windows Defender was displaying me messages of "Your computer is infected with spyware!", then Spy Scheriff started to run although I didn't even install it (it was installed by the spyware). Suddenly there was a BSOD error. I rebooted and when I tried to log in, I got an application error in explorer.exe and then the BSOD appeared. So I rebooted into safe mode and tried to search on the Internet for a possible solution, and I found it (I had to install 14 anti-virus/anti-spyware programs and 2 registry cleaners to remove the 4 or 6 trojans I had). I rebooted then into normal mode and everything was just fine and normal. No explorer.exe errors, no BSOD when logging in. I used the computer for about 30 minutes and then another BSOD appeared. I rebooted again and everything ran smoothly for about now 10 or 15 minutes and then the BSOD appeared. The BSOD error displayed this:

****STOP 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0xAA3B78B7, 0xA8D61A20, 0x00000000)

The 0xAA3B78B7, 0xA8D61A20 changed sometimes.

When I rebooted and send the report to Microsoft, the Online Crash Analysis said that it was the video adapter and/or a driver.

The thing is that I don't know how can I fix this, there are no updates for my video adapter neither for any of my drives. Now, I can only work without any trouble if I'm on Safe Mode with Network options. What do you think I should do to fix this and get my Windows XP back to normal?

As a side note: I downloaded the pre-RC1 of Windows Vista from the Customer Preview Program from the Microsoft webpage and due to the fact my computer didn't come with a Windows XP CD, do you think the problem can be fixed if I run a clean installation of Windows Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back