BSOD - Minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowkey

Hello I have been receiving BSODs while in Windows, I get USBPORT.SYS error messages I have zipped 4 minidumps and attached them! I am using Windows XP SP2, thanks for any help!

Hi, your crashes are caused by alcaudsl.sys which is a corrupt SpeedTouch USB Modem driver. Uninstall and reinstall the modem and drivers. Update the drivers if there are newer one's available.

Thanks for the help, I have just uninstalled and installed the latest drivers for my modem and i'll see how it goes!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Both you latest minidumps crash at alcaudsl.sys. Same as above.

If updating the drivers hasn`t worked, you may have to consider getting a different modem.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hmm, I have just contacted Speedtouch and see what they say, it's very annoying to get the BSoD when the computer stays on for a long time!

I'm back right, I contacted SpeedTouch and they tried to help me, they said update drivers so I did but now I get like 3 BSoDs in one day! I think it could be something else so I will attach my latet Minidumps.

All your minidumps crash at alcaudsl.sys. Obviously the drivers are either flakey or there`s a driver conflict somewhere.

I really think you should consider getting a different modem.

Regards Howard :)

Hey, thank you for the reply, just making sure it is the modem, I will contact them and keep you updated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back