BSOD Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am at wits end trying to find my problem. My comp restarts at random times. I do have save dumps which is attached. I have replaced almost all parts on my comp trying to get it to stop. The only things I have not replaced yet is my video card and hard drives. Everything else is new within the last year. It restarts occasionally when I play world of warcraft and once on battlefield 2142 long time ago but today it restarted twice in 2 mins after I was away from it since yesterday. I got in today and it happened while I was browsing the internet. I have turned down the settings on the video card and agp maybe thinking that was it but it still happened. Any answers that you have would be appreciated. Thanks!

Your crashes aren't due to hardware issues, they are due to software driver conflicts specifically your security firewall and anti-virus.

Minidump 1 - Points to wpsdrvnt.sys which is a driver for the Sygate Personal Firewall

Minidump 2 - Points to avg7rsxp.sys which is a driver for the AVG Antivirus system.

Here are a few questions for clarification:

1. Did you install either one lately and if so, which one?

2. Have you run a virus scan, malware scan, and do you have a router?

* Also, do you have another firewall or antivirus program installed?

1) They were both done a while back after I had reformatted early this year.
2) Virus scan every morning on timer, malware usually couple a times a week, and yes I do have a router.

Thanks

Nah, the router has a built in firewall but no others on my comp.

Here is another minidump that just happened to make sure. I had uninstalled Sygate to see if that was it and it restarted again. I went ahead and took off avg for now to see if it does it again. Thanks.

Your minidump points to the WmXlCore.sys driver which is a Logitech Wingman Translation driver for the Logitech Wingman software.

However, your error code is 0x9C.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Here is what I would suggest:

1. Update your driver.

2. Run a Memtest to check your RAM with a minimum of 7 passes.

3. Make sure all your fans are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back