Bsod nv4_mini.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arg were to start, ive played lineage 2 for couple of years on and off and its always worked fine till now. I came back to it a few weeks ago and it has now developed a random lock up problem. some times it will go to a bsod and sometimes ill just have to reset. ive attached the mini dumps I have. ive tryed pritty much everything to sort this out but ive just reached the end of my knowledge now. ive tryed:

moving my ram around trying just one ram card
running 2 memory test and all been fine
atleast 4 differnt types of display driver
2 versions of chipset drivers
reformating
cleaning everything out and reseating
varying apature sizes

and I seem no closer to the answer any help you could give me would be most appreciated

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    96.8 KB · Views: 17
sounds like your video card defective or maybe not properly connected, try this before you crack open your cpu
1. do a clean uninstall of your display drivers
2. go to nvidia.com
3. find and download the correct drivers
4. install them
5. reboot your computer
if you are still getting bsod, write it down and post it, if it autorestarts when you get the bsod, do this
1. right click my computer
2. click properties
3. click advanced tab
4. click startup and recovery | settings
5. uncheck automatically restart
6. write down and post bsod in this thread

sorry if im not clear enough on what to do(maybe howard and tedster will help better)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at nv4_mini.sys. Your graphics card driver. They all have a bugcheck of EA.

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

You either have a driver problem or your video card is faulty.

Update your video card drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks for the help but ive tryed using the latest video card drivers along with a number of others with stilkl the same result. now i suppose this would point towards a fualty video card but it runs call of duty fine. so im not sure ive also run aqua mark with no probs. could you advise any further

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back