BSoD - Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellas, recently ran into a series of this particular BSoD message along with a sudden occasional "bad_spooler_check" BSoD. Things just started cropping up yesterday or so and it somehow seems to be related to my wireless connection as far as I can tell. Somehow when I start trying to surf the net I get hit with it, not all the time but from time to time.

I've done virus scans, adware scans, tried disabling certain programs that might have been around, etc but no luck yet.

Tried out the tips posted in another thread by howard_hopkinso and discovered the Event Log. Apparently recently in line with the BSoD (Page) I seem to have gotten quite a few Event 4226s. I'm using WXP SP2, downloaded and installed lvllord's patch and it seems to have worked. However I just got hit with the BSoD (page) just now and am more than a little disturbed.

Thought the best thing to do now would be to give you experts some minidumps to take a look at. If you guys need any additional info like specs or newly installed stuff and all, just let me know what kind and I'll answer.

Zipped up around 5 minidumps that are more or less in tune with the 2 random BSoDs.

Thanks

All the crashes are probably caused by ntkrpamp.exe with a bugcheck of 50 - see below. Have you installed any new hardware, e.g. RAM?

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA:
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Hmm, thanks for pinpointing the file, but I have no clue about it.

Haven't installed any new hardware of any sorts so far. Only recently I bought this Dell Inspiron 6400 around July (First week) this very year, I don't understand how RAM could work pretty well from then all the way till now all of a sudden.

Would any software like RAMBooster or stuff have any relevance? I run a lot of things on my comp like window shells, widgets, etc lol. Howabout heat?

I've found a thread with very similar problems to yours - HERE. Was the other bugcheck C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER? As you can see the fix was to uninstall Zonealarm, just remember to replace it with something else. Let us know how you get on.

Zone Alarm eh? Thats rather interesting but it might make sense. I did install a new update for it not too long ago. Will remove it when I get back home today. Thanks for the advice :)

Drivers can become corrupted, so you can try reinstalling it (uninstall it first). There's no guarantee that Zonealarm is the problem, it's just that software is easier to isolate than hardware (which the dumps point to). You can keep posting any new minidumps (at least 3) to see if Zonealarm shows up.

Alrighty :) Thanks for the help fella, really appreciate it. Haven't encountered the Page or Bad_Pool errors yet for the past day so far. If it pops up again I'll ressurect this thread with a few minidumps. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back