Bsod Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

link1993120

Hello,

When Im on my pc it randomly gets a bsod 0x000000D1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It happens sometimes after hibernation. When i sent the report they said it was caused by a faulty device driver. Help Appreciated!

Part of Alchohol or ilk? What do you mean? Sorry. I did find the SSFS0509.SYS driver though. I found that SSFS0509.SYS is related to spysweeper somehow on my pc.

The main error code is listed below, the files referenced are Trend Micro, Spysweeper and bcmw15.sys (Linksys driver?). Run chkdsk /r first to see if there's a problem with the HDD.

0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

I just did a check on drive c. No errors. I have a linksys router but its not connected to this laptop. It's connected to a desktop in another room. So I don't know what to do with that driver you mentioned. Also, I've never had many troubles with Trend Micro or Spy Sweeper. Do you think I should uninstall them? I'm not sure where to go from here after checking my drive.

I havent gotten a BSOD in three days without the laptop battery in and plugged in. Then when I used it with battery in and off charger dock it bsods almost right after it entered windows. This is really strange. Here's a more current minidump.

*edit* I just got a bsod while plugged in! Darnit! I'm really confused and I can't figure out how to fix this.

Same error as post #9 with Trend Micro as the process. The system file is up to date, so try reinstalling Trend Micro.

I just uninstalled trend micro. Then when I thought everything was ok, I tried running laptop on battery and got more bsods. Some of them were during the windows xp loading screen too.

Was this with the battery? Lack of power can cause the problems you're having.

PartMgr.sys was the cause, but it also references atapi and Classpnp, all to do with the disk subsystem.

I always get bsods on battery after logging in for about 5 minutes. However, I get also get the bsod after coming off hibernation too. So I'm not sure if it's the battery. Also, what should I do about partmrg and the other drivers started? Thanks

If you're getting the same BSODs when coming off hibernation without using the battery, then it could be a hardware problem. Download the relevant diagnostic tools and test your hard drive. There's a list of links HERE.

Just got ANOTHER new bsod. Btw, I have a HP Pavilion zv6000 notebook if that helps.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x000000D1

camc6hal.sys-Adress F8097CB3 base at F8084000, Datestamp 41E46B89

Sorry if I'm posting too much. I'm just getting a bit frustrated.

The last two have a bugcheck of 50. Download Memtest86+ to test the RAM. As you don't have a floppy, you'll have to get the bootable ISO.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

So I download the Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)? I downloaded it and I dont have anything to open it with.

Click (or double click) on the 7-zip file and it will install. When that's done you will be able to click the zip file that contains the ISO and 7-zip will open it, you can then extract it to a location of your choice. I'm hoping that you know how to burn an ISO image to disk, otherwise it'll be another program to download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back