Peggy

Hi,

I am getting BSOD frequently and Multiple restarts

I tried using event viewer and help center...but most of it is chinese
I have included latest minidump.

thx for looking at it,

PEggy

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidump is corrupt and unreadable. This could be due to faulty ram.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help, zip 5 or 6 minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Maybe that's because I tried opening with notepad

The others I haven't opened yet.

see attached latest 6 minidumps

PS: as if by miracle, since I made that post I've had no more BSOD's :s

thanks again for having a look

Your latest minidumps are crashing with various culprits.

If memtest86+ gives you errors, then your ram is bad. Let the programme run for at least seven full passes.

Regards Howard :)

Ok,

I booted my laptop in the meanwhile (got bored looking at the memtest tests strawling by :) )

So far:
Pass 30%
Test 36%
Test#4 Moving inv, 32 bit pattern, cached

Errors:0
ECC Errors:0
Pass:0

not that it says anything because it hasn't gotten to pass 7 yet.

So chitchat: I would like to learn to read those minidumps and culprits, is there a good guide ot can I be taught here? My environment usually comes to me with there PC-problems, right now with BSOD's I usually resort to re-install, but if I'd learned how to this, I might be able to fix in the future.
(Also because Microsoft doesn't like it when you activate your windows a couple of times in a short time frame).

EDIT: found a post a bout it, so don't reply yet, will read that first

greets, Peggy :knock:

I'm getting wiser already :)

one of the dumps relates to NTkernel
other one to Alcohol 120% driver Vax347b.sys
other one is Zonealarm vsdatant.sys

keep searching for the truth :)

PS: memtest is still ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunning (but no errors so far)

The Alcohol 120% driver Vax347b.sys is a known issue on some systems.

Uninstalling the Alcohol 120% programme should resolve the issue.

Memtest complete, no errors :(

Now that I know how to work with the debugger, I will keep you posted on further BSOD's

Peggy said:
No more BSOD's GRRRRRR, I havent uninstalled alcohol yet.
want to get to the bottom of this

Don`t be disappointed because you`re not getting bosd`s.

If you haven`t done anything I`m pretty sure they will return eventually lol.

I`d deffinitely recommend uninstalling the Alcohol 120% programme.

vax347b.sys

hi i recently assembled myself a new computer which all happened in success and i trnasfered my harddrive from my old computer to the new one. when i turned it on the computer kept restarting itself. i tried safe mode and i can see the computer restarts when it is trying to load vax347b.sys. now i have an idea it is related to Alchol 120% but i had Alcohol 52%. now can you tell me what will be the solution to this. how can i uninstall Alchohol 52% as computer keeps restarting...i am really looking forward for my new pc to work :(

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

bassmission said:
hi i recently assembled myself a new computer which all happened in success and i trnasfered my harddrive from my old computer to the new one. when i turned it on the computer kept restarting itself. i tried safe mode and i can see the computer restarts when it is trying to load vax347b.sys. now i have an idea it is related to Alchol 120% but i had Alcohol 52%. now can you tell me what will be the solution to this. how can i uninstall Alchohol 52% as computer keeps restarting...i am really looking forward for my new pc to work :(

I think your problem is more likely to be caused by your old hard drive, having the chipset drivers for the old mobo. These won`t work with the new mobo.

You should try running a Windows repair. as per this thread HERE.

If that doesn`t help, be prepaired to format and reinstall.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Same problem

I have the same problem, my computer is restarting randomly, once every few days, usually in the middle of the nite, when I'm sleeping, and I wake up the next morning finding my computer to have restarted by itself. I found some minidump and followed the instructions mentioned above to debug them.

Windbg said the culprit is mostly ntoskrnl.exe, but also vsdatant.sys, ndis.sys, and netbt.sys. I know vsdatant.sys is from Zone Alarm, but I don't know about netbt.sys and ndis.sys. I tried to Google it but can't find anything useful.

Do I have to uninstall Zone Alarm? It's working perfectly, although quite annoying with its constant warning.

Thx.

netbt.sys=Windows MBT Transport driver.

Zonealarm may well be the culprit. Uninstall zonealarm and try a different firewall.

Now that's a lightning fast reply, :). Thanks for the info. I'd look around for other worthy firewall before i uninstall Zone Alarm.

thanks

thanks buddy i got that problem sorted but i want to have another advice i dont know if i should post this in this thread i have an 80GB hard drive which i want to ise as my secondary or primary slave ....now it is recognized in bios but cannot get it to be recognized in windows.....any ideas

The best place to connect your new drive would be as a slave on the primary ide channel.

Make sure the jumper settings on the drive are set correctly.

You will also need to format it, if it isn`t already formatted.

Slave HD

well thats what i have it connected it slave on the primary channel and i checked it with all jumper settings one by one, but no does not come up in windows.........

Right click my computer and select manage. Then, click on disk management. Is your new drive there?

If it is, you`ll need to format it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back