Hi,

I am getting BSOD frequently and Multiple restarts

I tried using event viewer and help center...but most of it is chinese
I have included latest minidump.

thx for looking at it,

PEggy

howard_hopkinso

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidump is corrupt and unreadable. This could be due to faulty ram.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help, zip 5 or 6 minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Peggy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe that's because I tried opening with notepad

The others I haven't opened yet.

see attached latest 6 minidumps

PS: as if by miracle, since I made that post I've had no more BSOD's :s

thanks again for having a look

Peggy

PS, I will now reboot to do the memtest, I will post results (if I find how)

:p

howard_hopkinso

Your latest minidumps are crashing with various culprits.

If memtest86+ gives you errors, then your ram is bad. Let the programme run for at least seven full passes.

Regards Howard :)

Peggy

Ok,

I booted my laptop in the meanwhile (got bored looking at the memtest tests strawling by :) )

So far:
Pass 30%
Test 36%
Test#4 Moving inv, 32 bit pattern, cached

Errors:0
ECC Errors:0
Pass:0

not that it says anything because it hasn't gotten to pass 7 yet.

So chitchat: I would like to learn to read those minidumps and culprits, is there a good guide ot can I be taught here? My environment usually comes to me with there PC-problems, right now with BSOD's I usually resort to re-install, but if I'd learned how to this, I might be able to fix in the future.
(Also because Microsoft doesn't like it when you activate your windows a couple of times in a short time frame).

EDIT: found a post a bout it, so don't reply yet, will read that first

greets, Peggy :knock:

Peggy

I'm getting wiser already :)

one of the dumps relates to NTkernel
other one to Alcohol 120% driver Vax347b.sys
other one is Zonealarm vsdatant.sys

keep searching for the truth :)

PS: memtest is still ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunning (but no errors so far)

howard_hopkinso

The Alcohol 120% driver Vax347b.sys is a known issue on some systems.

Uninstalling the Alcohol 120% programme should resolve the issue.

Peggy

Memtest complete, no errors :(

Now that I know how to work with the debugger, I will keep you posted on further BSOD's

Peggy

No more BSOD's GRRRRRR, I havent uninstalled alcohol yet.
want to get to the bottom of this

howard_hopkinso

Peggy said:
No more BSOD's GRRRRRR, I havent uninstalled alcohol yet.
want to get to the bottom of this
Don`t be disappointed because you`re not getting bosd`s.

If you haven`t done anything I`m pretty sure they will return eventually lol.

I`d deffinitely recommend uninstalling the Alcohol 120% programme.

vax347b.sys

hi i recently assembled myself a new computer which all happened in success and i trnasfered my harddrive from my old computer to the new one. when i turned it on the computer kept restarting itself. i tried safe mode and i can see the computer restarts when it is trying to load vax347b.sys. now i have an idea it is related to Alchol 120% but i had Alcohol 52%. now can you tell me what will be the solution to this. how can i uninstall Alchohol 52% as computer keeps restarting...i am really looking forward for my new pc to work :(

howard_hopkinso

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

bassmission said:
hi i recently assembled myself a new computer which all happened in success and i trnasfered my harddrive from my old computer to the new one. when i turned it on the computer kept restarting itself. i tried safe mode and i can see the computer restarts when it is trying to load vax347b.sys. now i have an idea it is related to Alchol 120% but i had Alcohol 52%. now can you tell me what will be the solution to this. how can i uninstall Alchohol 52% as computer keeps restarting...i am really looking forward for my new pc to work :(

I think your problem is more likely to be caused by your old hard drive, having the chipset drivers for the old mobo. These won`t work with the new mobo.

You should try running a Windows repair. as per this thread HERE.

If that doesn`t help, be prepaired to format and reinstall.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Otmakus

Same problem

I have the same problem, my computer is restarting randomly, once every few days, usually in the middle of the nite, when I'm sleeping, and I wake up the next morning finding my computer to have restarted by itself. I found some minidump and followed the instructions mentioned above to debug them.

Windbg said the culprit is mostly ntoskrnl.exe, but also vsdatant.sys, ndis.sys, and netbt.sys. I know vsdatant.sys is from Zone Alarm, but I don't know about netbt.sys and ndis.sys. I tried to Google it but can't find anything useful.

Do I have to uninstall Zone Alarm? It's working perfectly, although quite annoying with its constant warning.

Thx.

howard_hopkinso

netbt.sys=Windows MBT Transport driver.

Zonealarm may well be the culprit. Uninstall zonealarm and try a different firewall.

Otmakus

Now that's a lightning fast reply, :). Thanks for the info. I'd look around for other worthy firewall before i uninstall Zone Alarm.

thanks

thanks buddy i got that problem sorted but i want to have another advice i dont know if i should post this in this thread i have an 80GB hard drive which i want to ise as my secondary or primary slave ....now it is recognized in bios but cannot get it to be recognized in windows.....any ideas

howard_hopkinso

The best place to connect your new drive would be as a slave on the primary ide channel.

Make sure the jumper settings on the drive are set correctly.

You will also need to format it, if it isn`t already formatted.

Slave HD

well thats what i have it connected it slave on the primary channel and i checked it with all jumper settings one by one, but no does not come up in windows.........

howard_hopkinso

Right click my computer and select manage. Then, click on disk management. Is your new drive there?

If it is, you`ll need to format it.

Status
Not open for further replies.