BSOD - restarts sometimes when Firefox starts or is running

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting BSODs for quite a while now. The BSODs seem to only occur when I am running Firefox, often when it is loading. I have quite a few extensions on Firefox, but I have pretty much the same extensions on my portable version of Firefox, but I have never experienced a crash with any other computer.

This is the error message I am getting:

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 71A5DF52 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000008
BCP4 : 71A5DF52 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I built this computer in Janurary, and every single piece of the computer was new, except the sound card and power supply. My previous computer also had a problem with BSOD, which seemed to begin when I installed a new Audigy 2 sound card (which I also installed in the new computer). I thought when I built the new computer the problem would go away, but it still occurs.

The problem that that seems to have carried over from my previous computer may be a seperate crash from this one. I believe I was getting the error message IRQ_LESS_OR_NOT_GREATER _THAN

I updated the sound card drivers, but the error continued to occur. Today I completely removed the sound card and re-enabled the build in sound on my motherboard, but the error occured again.

Also, I have the latest video drivers for my video card.

When I installed windows, it was a clean install, but then I used a feature of windows to carry over my settings from my previous hard drive.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

AMD 3800 Dual Core
Gigabyte K8N Ultra 9
graphic card:ATI AIW X800 XL 256MB PCI E
memory: (2x1 gig)
HD: 2x 300 gig SATA
Power supply: Enermax EG65-PVE
2 DVD burners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back