BSOD using windowed games, occurs after hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a 2600, 2gb of ram, Gigabyte GA-7n400-L mobo, 9800 Pro, and a few HDD's, and this has been annoying me lately, mainly because I've been using a few games in window mode, including Battlefield 2 (not often, usually only to test something), it's map editor, and the games Football Manager 2006 and Galactic Civilisations 2 (both of which have options to use window mode).

I had previously belive it was caused after playing battlefield 2, but the last one (tonight, and the final straw to get help) I had'nt played BF2 at all. It happens after hours of playing (I'd say tonights after the memtest was about 4 hours after startup), and I can't "replicate it" beyond playing and eventually it happens. I always have Firefox, Windows Media Player, MSN, Xfire on, and sometimes Azereus as well as playing.

I did'nt have memory dumps on the right way until I saw the site, so I only have the 4 most recent.

I get a variety of stop messages (the line that tells you what type of error it was), including:
7F - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M (1000007f) - Latest
8E - KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e)
A - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
50 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

I did a 5 hour memtest and got no errors (5 "passes"). Was this long enough to test the memory? I don't think I've ever gotten this without actually being playing a game in window mode (although a few times the BF2 editor crashed, but I think that's more because of the way it's coded).

Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
Text logs and the minidumps themselves (in zip):

1stBSODLog.txt = Mini030906-01.dmp
2ndBSODLog.txt = Mini030906-02.dmp
3rdBSODLog.txt = Mini031106-01.dmp
4thBSODLog.txt = Mini031206-01.dmp

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

1 minidump crashes at win32k.sys(Multi-User Win32 Driver) and a bugcheck of 8E. It also references wmplayer.exe(Windows media player).

1 minidump crashes with hardware and has a bugcheck of 0A. It also references ati3duag.dll(graphics card drivers).

1 minidump crashes at ati2cqag.dll(graphics card drivers) and has a bugcheck of 50.

1 minidump crashes at P17.sys(sound card driver) and has a bugcheck of 7F.

You may have a ram problem.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I had another bsod today, playing GC2 and start a "fleet battle" which starts a 3d engine, it crashed there and blue screen straight away.

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e)

Your minidump crashes at win32k.sys and a bugcheck of 8E.

Have you run the tests in the link I gave you?

Random BSOD`s are a sign of faulty ram/video ram/l2 cache ram of the cpu/psu/mobo etc.

Check your mobo for bulging or leaking capacitors. See HERE for further info.

Look HERE for the meaning of your bugcheck codes.

Regards Howard :)

Why would it be ram?

I already said I tested the ram with memtest, and it came up with zero errors.

It's only the specific "playing window games" that cause the bluescreen, nothing else. It's not "random" bsod, I don't get it any other way apart from that mentioned.

What I meant by random BSOD`s, is your minidumps are crashing with random errors.

Random Bugchecks are a sign of faulty ram/video ram/l2 cache ram of the cpu/psu/mobo etc.

Check for overheating and check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Regards Howard :)

Hi,

Mini030906-02.dmp has 19 memory corruption error and I believe that the culprit is faulty ram. Run memtest to stress test the ram or reseat the memory module to another memory slot.

Mini030906-02.dmp
BugCheck 1000000A, {101, 2, 1, 804db93a}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

HKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !nt
!chkimg -lo 50 -d !nt
804dbaa2-804dbab3 18 bytes - nt!KiDispatchInterrupt+22e

[ d8 0f 22 d8 c3 0f 20 e0:e0 25 7f ff ff ff 0f 22 ]
804dbaba - nt!KiDispatchInterrupt+246 (+0x18)

[ c3:00 ]
19 errors : !nt (804dbaa2-804dbaba)
MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption
MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: LARGE
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE
BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE

Yeah, today I opened my case up (to finally get the various front case lights, USB and sound working) I was feeling the case and thought it was hot, so I took 2 birds with one stone, and it was packed with dust, which I cleaned out, I also had put the case fan blowing air into the case rather than out, so I fixed that, and it's running much cooler now.

I have been playing those games a little less (got bored of GC2), so I might not be able to "test" it for a while.

If the problems persist, I guess a 10 hour memtest or something needs to happen.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back